Thrilled to play my part in celebrating Queen’s Diamond Jubilee - long may she reign over us
I WAS thrilled to play my part alongside all of your efforts to lead and join your communities in celebrating the Diamond Jubilee of our sovereign lady, Queen Elizabeth II.
It was wonderful, given all that we are going through, to rejoice in the consecrated and anointed service to this United Kingdom and the Commonwealth of this faithful monarch and profoundly Christian woman.
This was just the right moment to celebrate someone who embodies steadfastness and a special sense of what it means to minister with grace and humility.
We pray joyfully and earnestly for her continued flourishing. Long may she reign over us and call us to be a generous society under the God to whose sovereignty she points and bows.
RT REV STEPHEN CONWAY
You may also want to watch:
Bishop of Ely
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home