Things Have Changed At Roswell Pits Mr Holden
MR Holden s letter of last week (Stop all this moaning) gave detail of what the Roswell Pit used to be, a working environment and potentially dangerous, that is why nobody was allowed to wander in, around or to swim and quite right too! However, that was
MR Holden's letter of last week (Stop all this moaning) gave detail of what the Roswell Pit used to be, a working environment and potentially dangerous, that is why nobody was allowed to wander in, around or to swim and quite right too! However, that was 50-60 years ago and things change. As for people not caring, how does he know? The Pit was in the ownership of the Thomas Parsons Charity who by the very name one would assume were a caring organisation. The Pit, since it ceased to be worked, has become a natural environment and home to many species including the Bittern, shouldn't we be pleased that one of the rarest birds in Britain has chosen this area, not be negative about it as Mr Holden would appear to prefer. There are numerous former clay, gravel etc. pits all over the country that are now used as nature reserves.
Mr Holden says that Mr Tyrrell is trying to make the place safe for people to walk around and for pensioners with their electric buggies. How does he know when no plans have been submitted for work on the Pit. If Mr Holden is going by the "suggestions" put forward for the Country Park that is all they are, and I understand may not materialise.
As to the comment of 'a few people', I would point out that there are a considerable number, hundreds in fact to my knowledge, of local people who wish to keep the Pit more or less as it is, and importantly for the benefit of not only local people and their children but for the considerable number of visitors, parents and children, for the future.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu