Things are never perfect, but we are very lucky to live in such a wonderful place
WE human beings often like to complain. We moan when a bus is late, when we are stuck in traffic or if we feel someone has let us down.
Whether this is a through a sense of entitlement or something more complicated in the human psyche, I do not know. But it is sometimes nice to be reminded that things aren’t all bad.
Last week, I read in a national paper an article highlighting all the good things about living in Ely and East Cambridgeshire. It discussed why people were moving to the area by highlighting our history, scenery and quality of life. All things which we too often take for granted as we strive to look for the worst in our lot.
The feature reminded me that while things are never perfect, we are all very lucky to live in such a wonderful place. We should rightly look to improve - to strive to make things the best they can be but sometimes we need to stop and fully appreciate what we have.
Ely and East Cambridgeshire are wonderful places – let us continue to work together in the future to make it a place which we remain proud to call home.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR PETER MOAKES
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
East Cambridgeshire District Council