Things are never perfect, but we are very lucky to live in such a wonderful place
WE human beings often like to complain. We moan when a bus is late, when we are stuck in traffic or if we feel someone has let us down.
Whether this is a through a sense of entitlement or something more complicated in the human psyche, I do not know. But it is sometimes nice to be reminded that things aren’t all bad.
Last week, I read in a national paper an article highlighting all the good things about living in Ely and East Cambridgeshire. It discussed why people were moving to the area by highlighting our history, scenery and quality of life. All things which we too often take for granted as we strive to look for the worst in our lot.
The feature reminded me that while things are never perfect, we are all very lucky to live in such a wonderful place. We should rightly look to improve - to strive to make things the best they can be but sometimes we need to stop and fully appreciate what we have.
Ely and East Cambridgeshire are wonderful places – let us continue to work together in the future to make it a place which we remain proud to call home.
CLLR PETER MOAKES
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals
East Cambridgeshire District Council