There’s no comparison with Dean’s Meadow
CONGRATULATIONS, you have produced a photograph showing exactly where the storm in a tea cup is situated, out of the sight of the majority of visitors except those standing on the top of the cathedral or coming in by air. I am presuming that the bulk of
CONGRATULATIONS, you have produced a photograph showing exactly where the storm in a tea cup is situated, out of the sight of the majority of visitors except those standing on the top of the cathedral or coming in by air. I am presuming that the bulk of the present hedging will remain.
Our district councillors have a difficult enough time to attend their meetings, let alone trying to resolve the problems wished on them by central Government, to allow the building of more and more houses. They should not be pilloried but congratulated for trying to resolve the complex problem of more houses (which mean more cars) and more parking in the city.
The problem will not go away. I see no objection to this small extension. To compare it to the Dean's Meadow problems of some years ago is nonsense, as that furore was at the instigation of the cathedral for building houses which might have helped their finances. Luckily for them, any profit they might have made from building houses was provided by a helpful Mr Getty. Sadly no Mr Getty has come forward to provide Ely with extra parking.
Ideally, Ely ought to look to underground car-parking; but the expense of that is more than double (I suspect) that of a conventional car-park. Are we as Council Tax payers prepared to go to those lengths? I doubt it; but it might help our beleaguered councillors of all the hues, if they knew whether the tax payers would support such an expense, to keep this small rectangle of land as green, if it is still available.
You may also want to watch:
Please give more support for those district councillors who are, after all, only doing what they are supposed to do, to take the district and this city, which is only part of it, forward in this new century. If your readers have sensible ideas of where parking could be found, I am sure that the district councillors would welcome their ideas.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online