There Is A Thriving Music Shop In Ely!
WITH reference to last week s letter from Gillian Tuberfield regarding the old Tesco/Woolworth site in the Market Place and her wish to see a music shop for Ely, we are just writing to let her know that Ely already has a thriving music shop selling all t
WITH reference to last week's letter from Gillian Tuberfield regarding the old Tesco/Woolworth site in the Market Place and her wish to see a music shop for Ely, we are just writing to let her know that Ely already has a thriving music shop selling all the items she listed.
We are Fenland Music and are located in the Old Baptist Chapel, Butchers Row, Ely, behind Thing me Bobs. We have been trading in Ely for some eight years now and recently moved to this new address.
We are an independent music shop selling a wide range of sheet music, songbooks, instructional books, CDs and DVDs along with a selection of guitars (classical, acoustic and electric), basses, drums, keyboards, woodwind and brass instruments and amplification. We can also offer a full repair and maintenance service for most instruments.
We, because of our size, cannot keep everything in stock, but we do operate a weekly special order service and this applies to music as well as instruments and spares.
We also offer piano, flute and guitar lessons in the shop, which we aim to expand in the near future to include other instruments.
Fenland Music is proud to be co-founders of Fenland Jam, a project run in association with ADeC, which to date has been a most successful project in terms of longevity and attendance, with bands forming from these events and going on to make CDs and perform in public for many charitable causes.
- 1 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 2 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 3 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 4 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 5 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 6 Post office and village shop moves into old Baptist chapel
- 7 Ely quintet win Great Britain taekwondo call-ups
- 8 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
- 9 Aspiring photographer, 10, captures Ely's winter sunrise on camera
- 10 Council approves funding for two community projects
At the other end of the spectrum we are suppliers to many local schools, operatic and chorale societies, and stock a range of classical music and CDs.
We would like to take this opportunity to invite Ms Tuberfield to visit our premises and meet with our experienced staff who would be only too happy to show her around so that she can start her Christmas shopping early.
FRANCES and NIGEL SMITH
Owners of Fenland Music
The Old Baptist Chapel