The Thing We Love About Ely Is The Well-Kept Play Areas
I COULD not believe it when I read in last week s letters column the criticism of Ely s play areas for young children. When we moved here a year ago, one of the many things we loved about Ely was the well-kept children s playgrounds. Our three-year old
I COULD not believe it when I read in last week's letters column the criticism of Ely's play areas for young children.
When we moved here a year ago, one of the many things we loved about Ely was the well-kept children's playgrounds. Our three-year old grand-daughter asks to be taken there, and particularly likes the climbing frames with their rope ladders, wobbly bridges, slides and other features which encourage imaginative play.
Perhaps when your correspondent's son is a little older he will show his parents the possibilities!
All these facilities have been planned and funded, and are well- maintained by our local council, who deserve the thanks of all families with small children.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire