The National Trust Asked The Wrong Questions On Wicken Vision
I SEE that the National Trust has produced results of its latest consultation on its so-called Wicken Vision . Their people claim that eight out of 10 people support the scheme. A claim I do not accept. I know for a fact that at least 20,000 survey f
I SEE that the National Trust has produced results of its latest 'consultation' on its so-called 'Wicken Vision'.
Their people claim that eight out of 10 people support the scheme. A claim I do not accept.
I know for a fact that at least 20,000 survey forms were produced. 550 people are said to have responded and 70% of the respondents think that the Vision is an excellent idea.' That is not eight out of 10: it is 1.92% of 20,000!
And, in any case, their silly and costly 'consultation' asked the wrong questions. It should have sought opinions on:
1. Do you approve of 15,000 acres of fine Fen land being taken out of food production?
2. Do you approve of £20 millions being wasted on a bridge of reeds over the A14?
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 5 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 10 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
3. Do you think that thousands more visitors to these Fens will be beneficial to the local villages and to the existing abundant wildlife?
The National Trust people don't 'consult' and they only 'hear' what they want to hear!