The National Trust Asked The Wrong Questions On Wicken Vision
I SEE that the National Trust has produced results of its latest consultation on its so-called Wicken Vision . Their people claim that eight out of 10 people support the scheme. A claim I do not accept. I know for a fact that at least 20,000 survey f
I SEE that the National Trust has produced results of its latest 'consultation' on its so-called 'Wicken Vision'.
Their people claim that eight out of 10 people support the scheme. A claim I do not accept.
I know for a fact that at least 20,000 survey forms were produced. 550 people are said to have responded and 70% of the respondents think that the Vision is an excellent idea.' That is not eight out of 10: it is 1.92% of 20,000!
And, in any case, their silly and costly 'consultation' asked the wrong questions. It should have sought opinions on:
You may also want to watch:
1. Do you approve of 15,000 acres of fine Fen land being taken out of food production?
2. Do you approve of £20 millions being wasted on a bridge of reeds over the A14?
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 7 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
3. Do you think that thousands more visitors to these Fens will be beneficial to the local villages and to the existing abundant wildlife?
The National Trust people don't 'consult' and they only 'hear' what they want to hear!