The National Trust Asked The Wrong Questions On Wicken Vision
I SEE that the National Trust has produced results of its latest consultation on its so-called Wicken Vision . Their people claim that eight out of 10 people support the scheme. A claim I do not accept. I know for a fact that at least 20,000 survey f
I SEE that the National Trust has produced results of its latest 'consultation' on its so-called 'Wicken Vision'.
Their people claim that eight out of 10 people support the scheme. A claim I do not accept.
I know for a fact that at least 20,000 survey forms were produced. 550 people are said to have responded and 70% of the respondents think that the Vision is an excellent idea.' That is not eight out of 10: it is 1.92% of 20,000!
And, in any case, their silly and costly 'consultation' asked the wrong questions. It should have sought opinions on:
You may also want to watch:
1. Do you approve of 15,000 acres of fine Fen land being taken out of food production?
2. Do you approve of £20 millions being wasted on a bridge of reeds over the A14?
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
3. Do you think that thousands more visitors to these Fens will be beneficial to the local villages and to the existing abundant wildlife?
The National Trust people don't 'consult' and they only 'hear' what they want to hear!