The direct approach to recycling problem
THIS is a copy of the letter that I sent to East Cambs District Council. I telephoned you (ECDC) today complaining that you now seem to have withdrawn all your Tetra Pak containers from service because they are all being contaminated with plastic bottles
THIS is a copy of the letter that I sent to East Cambs District Council.
I telephoned you (ECDC) today complaining that you now seem to have withdrawn all your Tetra Pak containers from service because they are all being contaminated with plastic bottles by the general public. This is probably because the public do not realise that these containers are not meant to contain plastic bottles (despite your supposed attempt to label clearly).
It is very important to drastically increase the amount we recycle, rather than dumping it as rubbish and I certainly do not intend to dump my used Tetra Paks just because you cannot find some way to clearly differentiate where to use them.
As you seem to have given up trying to solve the problem I now intend to dump my old supplies of Tetra Paks at your reception desk and am sending this letter to the local press to encourage others to do likewise.
You may also want to watch:
I await your reply with particular interest.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 6 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 7 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 10 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role