The direct approach to recycling problem
THIS is a copy of the letter that I sent to East Cambs District Council. I telephoned you (ECDC) today complaining that you now seem to have withdrawn all your Tetra Pak containers from service because they are all being contaminated with plastic bottles
THIS is a copy of the letter that I sent to East Cambs District Council.
I telephoned you (ECDC) today complaining that you now seem to have withdrawn all your Tetra Pak containers from service because they are all being contaminated with plastic bottles by the general public. This is probably because the public do not realise that these containers are not meant to contain plastic bottles (despite your supposed attempt to label clearly).
It is very important to drastically increase the amount we recycle, rather than dumping it as rubbish and I certainly do not intend to dump my used Tetra Paks just because you cannot find some way to clearly differentiate where to use them.
As you seem to have given up trying to solve the problem I now intend to dump my old supplies of Tetra Paks at your reception desk and am sending this letter to the local press to encourage others to do likewise.
I await your reply with particular interest.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000