The direct approach to recycling problem
THIS is a copy of the letter that I sent to East Cambs District Council. I telephoned you (ECDC) today complaining that you now seem to have withdrawn all your Tetra Pak containers from service because they are all being contaminated with plastic bottles
THIS is a copy of the letter that I sent to East Cambs District Council.
I telephoned you (ECDC) today complaining that you now seem to have withdrawn all your Tetra Pak containers from service because they are all being contaminated with plastic bottles by the general public. This is probably because the public do not realise that these containers are not meant to contain plastic bottles (despite your supposed attempt to label clearly).
It is very important to drastically increase the amount we recycle, rather than dumping it as rubbish and I certainly do not intend to dump my used Tetra Paks just because you cannot find some way to clearly differentiate where to use them.
As you seem to have given up trying to solve the problem I now intend to dump my old supplies of Tetra Paks at your reception desk and am sending this letter to the local press to encourage others to do likewise.
You may also want to watch:
I await your reply with particular interest.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online