That’s the way democracy works
Unfortunately, Brian Ashton and his Conservative colleagues do not seem to appreciate that there is no overall control on the district council. No committee is controlled by a single party. If two groups combine, as the Independents and Lib Dems did rec
Unfortunately, Brian Ashton and his Conservative colleagues do not seem to appreciate that there is no overall control on the district council.
No committee is controlled by a single party.
If two groups combine, as the Independents and Lib Dems did recently at the environment and transport committee, when discussing the car park, their combined strength will carry the day.
As the extension to the Forehill car park had not previously been discussed, no one had been authorised to approach the cathedral on behalf of the council.
You may also want to watch:
Other ideas for car parking were in fact being discussed within the council at the time.
The horrified reaction, both locally and nationally, indicates that the Getty promise has not been forgotten.
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
If the Cresswells car park is under-used and liable to flooding, should we not improve it and negotiate an extension to the lease?
Brian Ashton has many ideas, some good, others less so.
None of them becomes policy until it has been discussed and a vote has been taken.
In a hung council, that is how democracy works.