That’s the way democracy works
Unfortunately, Brian Ashton and his Conservative colleagues do not seem to appreciate that there is no overall control on the district council. No committee is controlled by a single party. If two groups combine, as the Independents and Lib Dems did rec
Unfortunately, Brian Ashton and his Conservative colleagues do not seem to appreciate that there is no overall control on the district council.
No committee is controlled by a single party.
If two groups combine, as the Independents and Lib Dems did recently at the environment and transport committee, when discussing the car park, their combined strength will carry the day.
As the extension to the Forehill car park had not previously been discussed, no one had been authorised to approach the cathedral on behalf of the council.
You may also want to watch:
Other ideas for car parking were in fact being discussed within the council at the time.
The horrified reaction, both locally and nationally, indicates that the Getty promise has not been forgotten.
- 1 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
If the Cresswells car park is under-used and liable to flooding, should we not improve it and negotiate an extension to the lease?
Brian Ashton has many ideas, some good, others less so.
None of them becomes policy until it has been discussed and a vote has been taken.
In a hung council, that is how democracy works.