Thanks to everyone who supported Rotary Club of Ely’s big band concert
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Ely would like to thank all those who gave such tremendous support for the big band Valentine’s concert in the Hayward Theatre, at King’s School, on Saturday.
The warm reception the audience gave the Royal Air Force Wyton Area Voluntary Big Band (or ‘Rhythm in Blue’) made the night a most enjoyable occasion and hundreds of pounds were raised for the cause of eradicating polio worldwide.
It was heart-warming to see the support given to our revival of the big band concert and bandmaster and MC Graham Sheldon inspired the voluntary instrumentalists to recreate great sounds from the 40s, 50s and 60s. There were some particularly talented soloists too.
Special thanks must go to the Ely Standard for publicity, King’s School Ely for its generous and unstinting support and to the local businesses and people for their donations of raffle prizes which ranged from a ukulele to a holiday in Spain.
Donors included: Alan’s Taxis, Arthur Emson, Cherry Hill Chocolates, Neros, Ely City Cycle Centre, Ely Lighting and Gifts, Raven Music, The Prince Albert and local artist Stuart A Green.
You may also want to watch:
If you would be interested in being involved in a similar event planned next year, or would like to know more about the Rotary Club of Ely, try www.elyrotary.co.uk or please feel welcome to contact me on email@example.com
- 1 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 4 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 7 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 8 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 9 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 10 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
Foundation committee chairman