Thanks to everyone in Ely who helped raise a record amount in 2013 Poppy Appeal
The 2013 Poppy Appeal has, to date, raised more than £24,500, which is a record amount - and there is still money coming in.
The Ely Branch of The Royal British Legion would like to say a big thank you to all the people and organisations of Ely and surrounding areas who donated money and to those many volunteers who were out in all weathers collecting.
In total, the amount collected nationally for the Poppy Appeal was about £37million and all of this money is used to help those who are or were members of the armed services and their families who are in need.
None of the money collected is used for any other purpose such as administration etc, as this is funded from members’ annual fees.
The Legion always needs poppy collectors, so if you would like to volunteer for this year’s collection in November please contact our secretary Verity Baker on 01353 610446 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to know more about your local Legion or would like to join, visit www.branches.britishlegion.org.uk/branches/ely/branch-information
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 10 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
Ely Branch of The Royal British Legion