Thanks to everyone in Ely who helped raise a record amount in 2013 Poppy Appeal
The 2013 Poppy Appeal has, to date, raised more than £24,500, which is a record amount - and there is still money coming in.
The Ely Branch of The Royal British Legion would like to say a big thank you to all the people and organisations of Ely and surrounding areas who donated money and to those many volunteers who were out in all weathers collecting.
In total, the amount collected nationally for the Poppy Appeal was about £37million and all of this money is used to help those who are or were members of the armed services and their families who are in need.
None of the money collected is used for any other purpose such as administration etc, as this is funded from members’ annual fees.
The Legion always needs poppy collectors, so if you would like to volunteer for this year’s collection in November please contact our secretary Verity Baker on 01353 610446 or e-mail her at email@example.com
If you wish to know more about your local Legion or would like to join, visit www.branches.britishlegion.org.uk/branches/ely/branch-information
- 1 ‘They looked fabulous’ - school’s first off-site prom a huge success
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 6 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 7 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 8 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 9 Man accused of shoplifting £3,000 of printer ink to stand trial next year
- 10 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
Ely Branch of The Royal British Legion