Thanks to everyone in Ely who helped raise a record amount in 2013 Poppy Appeal
The 2013 Poppy Appeal has, to date, raised more than £24,500, which is a record amount - and there is still money coming in.
The Ely Branch of The Royal British Legion would like to say a big thank you to all the people and organisations of Ely and surrounding areas who donated money and to those many volunteers who were out in all weathers collecting.
In total, the amount collected nationally for the Poppy Appeal was about £37million and all of this money is used to help those who are or were members of the armed services and their families who are in need.
None of the money collected is used for any other purpose such as administration etc, as this is funded from members’ annual fees.
The Legion always needs poppy collectors, so if you would like to volunteer for this year’s collection in November please contact our secretary Verity Baker on 01353 610446 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
If you wish to know more about your local Legion or would like to join, visit www.branches.britishlegion.org.uk/branches/ely/branch-information
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
Ely Branch of The Royal British Legion