Thanks to everyone in Ely who helped raise a record amount in 2013 Poppy Appeal
The 2013 Poppy Appeal has, to date, raised more than £24,500, which is a record amount - and there is still money coming in.
The Ely Branch of The Royal British Legion would like to say a big thank you to all the people and organisations of Ely and surrounding areas who donated money and to those many volunteers who were out in all weathers collecting.
In total, the amount collected nationally for the Poppy Appeal was about £37million and all of this money is used to help those who are or were members of the armed services and their families who are in need.
None of the money collected is used for any other purpose such as administration etc, as this is funded from members’ annual fees.
The Legion always needs poppy collectors, so if you would like to volunteer for this year’s collection in November please contact our secretary Verity Baker on 01353 610446 or e-mail her at email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
If you wish to know more about your local Legion or would like to join, visit www.branches.britishlegion.org.uk/branches/ely/branch-information
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
Ely Branch of The Royal British Legion