Thanks For Your Help At Elections - Shame About The Turnout
MAY I take this opportunity to thank everybody who took the trouble to turn out and vote in the recent European and Local elections. It was a pity the turnout was so low as whether you like it or nor the EU has a big influence on our lives, as does local
MAY I take this opportunity to thank everybody who took the trouble to turn out and vote in the recent European and Local elections. It was a pity the turnout was so low as whether you like it or nor the EU
has a big influence on our lives, as does local government. Only by demonstrating that the people are behind those they elect can those elected speak with authority. Let us hope that next time around we can persuade the electorate to take a greater interest in the proceedings.
May I also thank all those involved in organising the election for the very efficient way it was handled. That includes all the polling station officers and clerks, all those who turned out to do the count and the East Cambs District Council electoral staff who are responsible for all that goes on in the background.
And lastly, thank you to Tony Goodge and his wife for being such a great help to me personally in delivering so many leaflets. P
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound