Thanks for support following hate backlash I received after SE Cambs parliamentary hustings
I would like to express my sincere thanks to everyone who has been in contact with me to show their support following the hate backlash I received after the Swaffham Bulbeck hustings.
The nature of the threats were such that the police became involved and proved to be incredibly supportive and efficient.
Last time I checked, we do still have freedom of speech and if people are not happy with what I, or anyone else say, why not enter into a constructive dialogue rather than hiding behind e-mail and making threats?
So I appeal to anyone who is minded to behave in this way, please don’t. It doesn’t achieve a positive outcome for anyone and whilst this does constitute a crime, I have no doubt that our police officers have much better things to do with their time.
UKIP parliamentary candidate, SE Cambs
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 7 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 8 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 9 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’