Thanks for support following hate backlash I received after SE Cambs parliamentary hustings
I would like to express my sincere thanks to everyone who has been in contact with me to show their support following the hate backlash I received after the Swaffham Bulbeck hustings.
The nature of the threats were such that the police became involved and proved to be incredibly supportive and efficient.
Last time I checked, we do still have freedom of speech and if people are not happy with what I, or anyone else say, why not enter into a constructive dialogue rather than hiding behind e-mail and making threats?
So I appeal to anyone who is minded to behave in this way, please don’t. It doesn’t achieve a positive outcome for anyone and whilst this does constitute a crime, I have no doubt that our police officers have much better things to do with their time.
You may also want to watch:
UKIP parliamentary candidate, SE Cambs
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines