Thanks for support following hate backlash I received after SE Cambs parliamentary hustings
I would like to express my sincere thanks to everyone who has been in contact with me to show their support following the hate backlash I received after the Swaffham Bulbeck hustings.
The nature of the threats were such that the police became involved and proved to be incredibly supportive and efficient.
Last time I checked, we do still have freedom of speech and if people are not happy with what I, or anyone else say, why not enter into a constructive dialogue rather than hiding behind e-mail and making threats?
So I appeal to anyone who is minded to behave in this way, please don’t. It doesn’t achieve a positive outcome for anyone and whilst this does constitute a crime, I have no doubt that our police officers have much better things to do with their time.
You may also want to watch:
UKIP parliamentary candidate, SE Cambs
- 1 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 4 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 7 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 8 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 9 Perfect end for captain Malvin after regional final glory
- 10 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle