Thanks For Calling Me A Dinosaur
I AM grateful to Jane Hull and Barry Garwood for their support, to David Thomas for his comments and even to Cassie Rogers for calling me a dinosaur: the last-named lady made my day! David Thomas makes some interesting points, such as recovering from the
I AM grateful to Jane Hull and Barry Garwood for their support, to David Thomas for his comments and even to Cassie Rogers for calling me a dinosaur: the last-named lady made my day!
David Thomas makes some interesting points, such as 'recovering from the stress of work' being as important as feeding ourselves. My guess is that, when the chips are down, feeding ourselves will be of the utmost importance, as we found out during and after World War II.
However, Mr Thomas also alludes to parking and access to the so-called 'vision' area. As it happens, some ideas as to parking have recently been revealed by the National Trust and they include a new 200-space car park at Lode, extended or overflow parking at Wicken and two additional new car parks, in Swaffham Prior Fen and in Swaffham Bulbeck Fen. Mr Thomas' fellow residents of Reach may be concerned about these revelations, for traffic in and through that charming village is set substantially to increase.
Of course, there is a fundamental contradiction at the very heart of the Trust's plans. If the Vision goes ahead and is a success, the area will be swamped with cars and people and our Fens will be spoiled. If the scheme goes ahead and fails, people will inevitably ask: 'what was the point of all that spending and effort?'
You may also want to watch:
I fear that Ms Rogers will call me a dinosaur again, but I'd rather the trust just dropped the whole potty scheme.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos