Thanks For Calling Me A Dinosaur
I AM grateful to Jane Hull and Barry Garwood for their support, to David Thomas for his comments and even to Cassie Rogers for calling me a dinosaur: the last-named lady made my day! David Thomas makes some interesting points, such as recovering from the
I AM grateful to Jane Hull and Barry Garwood for their support, to David Thomas for his comments and even to Cassie Rogers for calling me a dinosaur: the last-named lady made my day!
David Thomas makes some interesting points, such as 'recovering from the stress of work' being as important as feeding ourselves. My guess is that, when the chips are down, feeding ourselves will be of the utmost importance, as we found out during and after World War II.
However, Mr Thomas also alludes to parking and access to the so-called 'vision' area. As it happens, some ideas as to parking have recently been revealed by the National Trust and they include a new 200-space car park at Lode, extended or overflow parking at Wicken and two additional new car parks, in Swaffham Prior Fen and in Swaffham Bulbeck Fen. Mr Thomas' fellow residents of Reach may be concerned about these revelations, for traffic in and through that charming village is set substantially to increase.
Of course, there is a fundamental contradiction at the very heart of the Trust's plans. If the Vision goes ahead and is a success, the area will be swamped with cars and people and our Fens will be spoiled. If the scheme goes ahead and fails, people will inevitably ask: 'what was the point of all that spending and effort?'
I fear that Ms Rogers will call me a dinosaur again, but I'd rather the trust just dropped the whole potty scheme.
- 1 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
- 8 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 9 Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- 10 Football club reunion bids to bring good times back to Barry