Thanks for being our MP Sir Jim
Methinks Huw Jones, Labour’s prospective parliamentary candidate for South East Cambs, has made a sizeable blooper by his letter to you (July 11).
Typical of Labour thinkers he has spent his entire 200 or so words attacking Sir Jim Paice in your columns, accusing him of taking a photo opportunity with foodbank supporters.
He is typical of his party and his leader, taking every opportunity to character assassinate the Tories with no mention of his own party’s policies. What a missed opportunity to publicise them or aren’t there any?
This is Labour’s style but I am pretty sure that Milliband, the wrong one at that, will not sit in Downing Street this time next year.
In the meantime, Sir Jim, thanks for being our MP over the years - you will be difficult to replace.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go