Thanks for being our MP Sir Jim
Methinks Huw Jones, Labour’s prospective parliamentary candidate for South East Cambs, has made a sizeable blooper by his letter to you (July 11).
Typical of Labour thinkers he has spent his entire 200 or so words attacking Sir Jim Paice in your columns, accusing him of taking a photo opportunity with foodbank supporters.
He is typical of his party and his leader, taking every opportunity to character assassinate the Tories with no mention of his own party’s policies. What a missed opportunity to publicise them or aren’t there any?
This is Labour’s style but I am pretty sure that Milliband, the wrong one at that, will not sit in Downing Street this time next year.
In the meantime, Sir Jim, thanks for being our MP over the years - you will be difficult to replace.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown