Thanks for a sky-high day
ON behalf of the Cambridgeshire Microlight Club, may I thank yourselves for the publicity afforded and the local businesses who yet again supported us so well on our Charity Gala Day. Also the club members unstinting efforts, but mostly the generosity of
ON behalf of the Cambridgeshire Microlight Club, may I thank yourselves for the publicity afforded and the local businesses who yet again supported us so well on our Charity Gala Day.
Also the club members' unstinting efforts, but mostly the generosity of the public, who came in great numbers to enjoy such a beautiful day. Many were able to experience the thrill of flight first-hand and at the same time help support local Marie Curie 'hands on' nursing.
More than £3,000 was raised without incurring any expenditure, and a donation was made to the British Red Cross in return for its attendance.
For anyone interested in aviation, the club is always open to the public and please continue to support so worthy a cause on our next Marie Curie Cancer Care Gala Day.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 5 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour