Thanks for a sky-high day
ON behalf of the Cambridgeshire Microlight Club, may I thank yourselves for the publicity afforded and the local businesses who yet again supported us so well on our Charity Gala Day. Also the club members unstinting efforts, but mostly the generosity of
ON behalf of the Cambridgeshire Microlight Club, may I thank yourselves for the publicity afforded and the local businesses who yet again supported us so well on our Charity Gala Day.
Also the club members' unstinting efforts, but mostly the generosity of the public, who came in great numbers to enjoy such a beautiful day. Many were able to experience the thrill of flight first-hand and at the same time help support local Marie Curie 'hands on' nursing.
More than £3,000 was raised without incurring any expenditure, and a donation was made to the British Red Cross in return for its attendance.
For anyone interested in aviation, the club is always open to the public and please continue to support so worthy a cause on our next Marie Curie Cancer Care Gala Day.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home