Thanks for a sky-high day
ON behalf of the Cambridgeshire Microlight Club, may I thank yourselves for the publicity afforded and the local businesses who yet again supported us so well on our Charity Gala Day. Also the club members unstinting efforts, but mostly the generosity of
ON behalf of the Cambridgeshire Microlight Club, may I thank yourselves for the publicity afforded and the local businesses who yet again supported us so well on our Charity Gala Day.
Also the club members' unstinting efforts, but mostly the generosity of the public, who came in great numbers to enjoy such a beautiful day. Many were able to experience the thrill of flight first-hand and at the same time help support local Marie Curie 'hands on' nursing.
More than £3,000 was raised without incurring any expenditure, and a donation was made to the British Red Cross in return for its attendance.
For anyone interested in aviation, the club is always open to the public and please continue to support so worthy a cause on our next Marie Curie Cancer Care Gala Day.
- 1 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 2 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 3 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 4 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 5 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 8 County Day hopes to shine light on young farmers of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day