Thank You To The Lady Who Saved My Dog
I SHOULD like, through your newspaper, to thank the very kind lady who got my dog out of the river when he fell in last Sunday afternoon. He was in a very difficult spot by the railway bridge where the barges moor and there was no way that I could have re
I SHOULD like, through your newspaper, to thank the very kind lady who got my dog out of the river when he fell in last Sunday afternoon. He was in a very difficult spot by the railway bridge where the barges moor and there was no way that I could have rescued him. She came forward and in the end jumped into the river to get my dog out, getting herself very wet, boots full of water and I shall he eternally grateful to her for her kind act.
Unfortunately in his confusion my dog immediately ran off down the river path and I had to leave hurriedly in an attempt to catch him, cutting short my very real thanks.
I should also like to thank the young lady who seeing my worry and vain attempts to catch up with my dog, walking as I do with a stick, took the dog's lead and collar from me and herself ran after and caught the dog.
I am glad to say my dog shows no ill effects but the kindness of these two people ensured that I still have him with me."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour