Thank You To The Lady Who Saved My Dog
I SHOULD like, through your newspaper, to thank the very kind lady who got my dog out of the river when he fell in last Sunday afternoon. He was in a very difficult spot by the railway bridge where the barges moor and there was no way that I could have re
I SHOULD like, through your newspaper, to thank the very kind lady who got my dog out of the river when he fell in last Sunday afternoon. He was in a very difficult spot by the railway bridge where the barges moor and there was no way that I could have rescued him. She came forward and in the end jumped into the river to get my dog out, getting herself very wet, boots full of water and I shall he eternally grateful to her for her kind act.
Unfortunately in his confusion my dog immediately ran off down the river path and I had to leave hurriedly in an attempt to catch him, cutting short my very real thanks.
I should also like to thank the young lady who seeing my worry and vain attempts to catch up with my dog, walking as I do with a stick, took the dog's lead and collar from me and herself ran after and caught the dog.
I am glad to say my dog shows no ill effects but the kindness of these two people ensured that I still have him with me."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home