Thank You To The Lady Who Saved My Dog
I SHOULD like, through your newspaper, to thank the very kind lady who got my dog out of the river when he fell in last Sunday afternoon. He was in a very difficult spot by the railway bridge where the barges moor and there was no way that I could have re
I SHOULD like, through your newspaper, to thank the very kind lady who got my dog out of the river when he fell in last Sunday afternoon. He was in a very difficult spot by the railway bridge where the barges moor and there was no way that I could have rescued him. She came forward and in the end jumped into the river to get my dog out, getting herself very wet, boots full of water and I shall he eternally grateful to her for her kind act.
Unfortunately in his confusion my dog immediately ran off down the river path and I had to leave hurriedly in an attempt to catch him, cutting short my very real thanks.
I should also like to thank the young lady who seeing my worry and vain attempts to catch up with my dog, walking as I do with a stick, took the dog's lead and collar from me and herself ran after and caught the dog.
I am glad to say my dog shows no ill effects but the kindness of these two people ensured that I still have him with me."
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended