Thank you for a fantastic response to new branch
MAY I just say a big thank you to the editor for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, and also to your readers as well. The response has been nothing less than fantastic; we have had ex-RN elect
MAY I just say a big 'thank you' to the editor for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, and also to your readers as well.
The response has been nothing less than fantastic; we have had ex-RN electricians coming out of the woodwork seeking their old shipmates and with some wonderful stories ranging from the involvement in the Korean War, Suez and the Gulf to name some of the conflicts, to the time that HMS Bermuda went to Bermuda and they all enjoyed a few days fun.
An unexpected line of help came from the readers who had relatives living abroad who were ex-Royal Navy Electrians; consequently we have members who live in the USA, Australia and in Spain as a result of the local newspaper being sent on to them with my letter highlighted.
The highlight of any association is the annual reunion and we have our first one booked. If there are any ex-Royal Navy electricians out there who are wonder what happened to their old shipmates, then please drop me line and tell me when you served and, if you can remember it, your old service number.
INFO: Mike Crowe, Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association, 7 Heath Road, Lake, Sandown, Isle of Wight. PO36 8PG.
If you include a stamp it will help with branch funds.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 5 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 8 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 For Worship & Glory II exhibition coming to Ely Cathedral