Thank you for a fantastic response to new branch
MAY I just say a big thank you to the editor for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, and also to your readers as well. The response has been nothing less than fantastic; we have had ex-RN elect
MAY I just say a big 'thank you' to the editor for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, and also to your readers as well.
The response has been nothing less than fantastic; we have had ex-RN electricians coming out of the woodwork seeking their old shipmates and with some wonderful stories ranging from the involvement in the Korean War, Suez and the Gulf to name some of the conflicts, to the time that HMS Bermuda went to Bermuda and they all enjoyed a few days fun.
An unexpected line of help came from the readers who had relatives living abroad who were ex-Royal Navy Electrians; consequently we have members who live in the USA, Australia and in Spain as a result of the local newspaper being sent on to them with my letter highlighted.
The highlight of any association is the annual reunion and we have our first one booked. If there are any ex-Royal Navy electricians out there who are wonder what happened to their old shipmates, then please drop me line and tell me when you served and, if you can remember it, your old service number.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Mike Crowe, Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association, 7 Heath Road, Lake, Sandown, Isle of Wight. PO36 8PG.
If you include a stamp it will help with branch funds.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 3 Town considers home for market
- 4 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 9 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 10 Author opens school’s new library