Thank you for a fantastic response to new branch
MAY I just say a big thank you to the editor for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, and also to your readers as well. The response has been nothing less than fantastic; we have had ex-RN elect
MAY I just say a big 'thank you' to the editor for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, and also to your readers as well.
The response has been nothing less than fantastic; we have had ex-RN electricians coming out of the woodwork seeking their old shipmates and with some wonderful stories ranging from the involvement in the Korean War, Suez and the Gulf to name some of the conflicts, to the time that HMS Bermuda went to Bermuda and they all enjoyed a few days fun.
An unexpected line of help came from the readers who had relatives living abroad who were ex-Royal Navy Electrians; consequently we have members who live in the USA, Australia and in Spain as a result of the local newspaper being sent on to them with my letter highlighted.
The highlight of any association is the annual reunion and we have our first one booked. If there are any ex-Royal Navy electricians out there who are wonder what happened to their old shipmates, then please drop me line and tell me when you served and, if you can remember it, your old service number.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Mike Crowe, Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association, 7 Heath Road, Lake, Sandown, Isle of Wight. PO36 8PG.
If you include a stamp it will help with branch funds.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’