Tesco’s planned ‘Octagon’ is pathetic imitation of every other dated out-of-town development
STUNNING, unique and of immense historical and architectural significance - that’s the Octagon.
And Tesco’s planned carbuncle on the bottom of Ely, which it presumes to call the Octagon? A pathetic imitation of every other dated out-of-town development, lacking in originality.
Other councils have said No to Tesco. Can you imagine that happening in Moakesworld? More like form a queue to empty your wallets in Tesco’s tills, people of East Cambs while the district council cowers in the corner.
Don’t make the mistake that this will bring anything to Ely, it will suck the lifeblood from the area and keep on taking.
Do you remember Fred Brown claiming that Sainsbury’s would bring millions to Ely? Seen any of it? Aldi’s must be worth a bit too. Can’t wait for that, can you?
You may also want to watch:
The Ely ‘Masterplan’ made a U-Turn to include this development, from protecting and developing the life of the town centre to allowing a major developer to con it into selling the city’s integrity.
Don’t allow this development, its hideous. If you value Ely, don’t let Tesco swallow it up.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 6 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 7 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 8 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland