Tesco’s planned ‘Octagon’ is pathetic imitation of every other dated out-of-town development
STUNNING, unique and of immense historical and architectural significance - that’s the Octagon.
And Tesco’s planned carbuncle on the bottom of Ely, which it presumes to call the Octagon? A pathetic imitation of every other dated out-of-town development, lacking in originality.
Other councils have said No to Tesco. Can you imagine that happening in Moakesworld? More like form a queue to empty your wallets in Tesco’s tills, people of East Cambs while the district council cowers in the corner.
Don’t make the mistake that this will bring anything to Ely, it will suck the lifeblood from the area and keep on taking.
Do you remember Fred Brown claiming that Sainsbury’s would bring millions to Ely? Seen any of it? Aldi’s must be worth a bit too. Can’t wait for that, can you?
You may also want to watch:
The Ely ‘Masterplan’ made a U-Turn to include this development, from protecting and developing the life of the town centre to allowing a major developer to con it into selling the city’s integrity.
Don’t allow this development, its hideous. If you value Ely, don’t let Tesco swallow it up.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out