Teething Problems at The Maltings Were Swiftly Resolved
WHAT a shame that despite expecting some teething problems , your correspondent last week wasn t prepared to give a new business in Ely a fair chance. I visited The Maltings last week, with my family, for an evening meal. I can safely say that despite t
WHAT a shame that despite expecting "some teething problems", your correspondent last week wasn't prepared to give a new business in Ely a fair chance.
I visited The Maltings last week, with my family, for an evening meal. I can safely say that despite the obvious nerves of our waitress on opening night, we had a lovely evening; excellent, friendly and thoughtful service (paying particular attention to the needs of my seven-year-old daughter), a very good meal and a relaxing drink in the bar afterwards. I thought both the venue and the menu had been significantly improved and I was impressed with the standard of the food.
Of course there were 'teething problems' but these were swiftly resolved and I'm sure The Maltings will be working hard to ensure customers get the best experience possible. If the attitude of the manager we had the good fortune to speak to is anything to go by, I'm sure any niggles will be quickly sorted out.
To write the place off after a disappointing first visit seems, given the current economic climate, unreasonable and unfair. I, for one, am delighted to support The Maltings in its new form and will continue to go there and encourage others to. We should be working together as a community to support new businesses and, when we feel they haven't got it quite right, talking to the management rather than grumbling in the local paper.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 4 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book