Teething Problems at The Maltings Were Swiftly Resolved
WHAT a shame that despite expecting some teething problems , your correspondent last week wasn t prepared to give a new business in Ely a fair chance. I visited The Maltings last week, with my family, for an evening meal. I can safely say that despite t
WHAT a shame that despite expecting "some teething problems", your correspondent last week wasn't prepared to give a new business in Ely a fair chance.
I visited The Maltings last week, with my family, for an evening meal. I can safely say that despite the obvious nerves of our waitress on opening night, we had a lovely evening; excellent, friendly and thoughtful service (paying particular attention to the needs of my seven-year-old daughter), a very good meal and a relaxing drink in the bar afterwards. I thought both the venue and the menu had been significantly improved and I was impressed with the standard of the food.
Of course there were 'teething problems' but these were swiftly resolved and I'm sure The Maltings will be working hard to ensure customers get the best experience possible. If the attitude of the manager we had the good fortune to speak to is anything to go by, I'm sure any niggles will be quickly sorted out.
To write the place off after a disappointing first visit seems, given the current economic climate, unreasonable and unfair. I, for one, am delighted to support The Maltings in its new form and will continue to go there and encourage others to. We should be working together as a community to support new businesses and, when we feel they haven't got it quite right, talking to the management rather than grumbling in the local paper.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 7 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 8 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote
- 9 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered