Talk of a general strike at TUC is disgraceful - especially with ‘green shoots’ of economic recovery
THERE are a number of indications that the “green shoots” of an economic recovery in the UK are beginning to show, in particular a fall in unemployment and more people in work.
Of course, one swallow doesn’t make a summer but the signs are encouraging nonetheless.
Isn’t it a pity, therefore, that the likes of the TUC’s Bob Crowe and others are apparently talking of a general strike (i.e. at the TUC conference recently)?
If he supported his country I would have thought Mr Crowe (whose salary package is said to be �100,000-plus) would be making encouraging noises rather than appear to be spoiling for a politically motivated fight.
Personally, I think the man is a disgrace and he should remember that, in some countries he would be locked up for such activity.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment