Talk of a general strike at TUC is disgraceful - especially with ‘green shoots’ of economic recovery
THERE are a number of indications that the “green shoots” of an economic recovery in the UK are beginning to show, in particular a fall in unemployment and more people in work.
Of course, one swallow doesn’t make a summer but the signs are encouraging nonetheless.
Isn’t it a pity, therefore, that the likes of the TUC’s Bob Crowe and others are apparently talking of a general strike (i.e. at the TUC conference recently)?
If he supported his country I would have thought Mr Crowe (whose salary package is said to be �100,000-plus) would be making encouraging noises rather than appear to be spoiling for a politically motivated fight.
Personally, I think the man is a disgrace and he should remember that, in some countries he would be locked up for such activity.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Letters: Praise for vaccine teams, search for brewery tray and more