Talk of a general strike at TUC is disgraceful - especially with ‘green shoots’ of economic recovery
THERE are a number of indications that the “green shoots” of an economic recovery in the UK are beginning to show, in particular a fall in unemployment and more people in work.
Of course, one swallow doesn’t make a summer but the signs are encouraging nonetheless.
Isn’t it a pity, therefore, that the likes of the TUC’s Bob Crowe and others are apparently talking of a general strike (i.e. at the TUC conference recently)?
If he supported his country I would have thought Mr Crowe (whose salary package is said to be �100,000-plus) would be making encouraging noises rather than appear to be spoiling for a politically motivated fight.
Personally, I think the man is a disgrace and he should remember that, in some countries he would be locked up for such activity.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?