Talk of a general strike at TUC is disgraceful - especially with ‘green shoots’ of economic recovery
THERE are a number of indications that the “green shoots” of an economic recovery in the UK are beginning to show, in particular a fall in unemployment and more people in work.
Of course, one swallow doesn’t make a summer but the signs are encouraging nonetheless.
Isn’t it a pity, therefore, that the likes of the TUC’s Bob Crowe and others are apparently talking of a general strike (i.e. at the TUC conference recently)?
If he supported his country I would have thought Mr Crowe (whose salary package is said to be �100,000-plus) would be making encouraging noises rather than appear to be spoiling for a politically motivated fight.
Personally, I think the man is a disgrace and he should remember that, in some countries he would be locked up for such activity.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength