Talk of a general strike at TUC is disgraceful - especially with ‘green shoots’ of economic recovery
THERE are a number of indications that the “green shoots” of an economic recovery in the UK are beginning to show, in particular a fall in unemployment and more people in work.
Of course, one swallow doesn’t make a summer but the signs are encouraging nonetheless.
Isn’t it a pity, therefore, that the likes of the TUC’s Bob Crowe and others are apparently talking of a general strike (i.e. at the TUC conference recently)?
If he supported his country I would have thought Mr Crowe (whose salary package is said to be �100,000-plus) would be making encouraging noises rather than appear to be spoiling for a politically motivated fight.
Personally, I think the man is a disgrace and he should remember that, in some countries he would be locked up for such activity.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 3 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years