Take Your Chance To Have A Say on the Future Of Soham
THE Soham Masterplan Vision is gathering pace now with a full day of discussions hosted by consultants Entec at the Pavilion on March 25. Soham is very fortunate to have this opportunity to properly plan for the future through the Masterplan process and I
THE Soham Masterplan Vision is gathering pace now with a full day of discussions hosted by consultants Entec at the Pavilion on March 25. Soham is very fortunate to have this opportunity to properly plan for the future through the Masterplan process and I urge the people of the town to get involved. This is your chance.
Soham has suffered in the past from a lack of cohesion between town and district councils, leading to consternation at town council level and, frankly, indifference at East Cambs. The current Masterplan Vision is an example of what can be achieved when the two councils work in harmony. Since the Vision was proposed by the district councillors we have had the unanimous support of the town council who have voted Councillor Rosemary Aitchison onto the working party as their voice. Alongside this we promised that the people of the town would also receive full consultation and have a chance to put their points forward. Now is your chance to let your voice be heard.
What does Soham need? Does the strength of the town lie in our proximity to the A14/A11 corridor and therefore close links to London and Felixtowe? Is growth the answer to our lack of shops or should Soham stay just as it is? Would you like a retail park here or would you hate to see major retailers? Is a railway station even a remote possibility or just a pipe dream? Should the village college have a sixth form? Where should a new primary school be sited? Where should new houses be and what type of housing do we need? What kind of jobs do we want and where should business development be?
These questions and more will be asked and answers provided by the Masterplan, which will shape Soham for the future. I and others have spent much time discussing what we think Soham needs but we feel that everyone should have their chance to have a say. For your chance contact 01353 665555 or log on to www.eastcambs.gov.uk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments