Sympathy for Jim Paice MP losing job as farming minister - his knowledge is unrivalled
I STOOD (as an independent) against Jim Paice MP in the 2010 general election.
One of my reasons for doing so was his strong support for the re-legalising of fox hunting, hare coursing and other so-called ‘sports’, which I oppose. I lost big time: he won again.
Today, I feel sorry for Mr Paice for his knowledge of farming affairs is very nearly unrivalled. His SE Cambridgeshire constituency supporters - many of whom are my friends - will also be sad.
Some may feel angry with the prime minister, too, for Mr Paice’s replacement is Liberal Democrat David Heath.
That will not go down well with the farming fraternity and may be regarded as yet another example of poor judgement on the part of Mr Cameron.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 2 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 3 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 4 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 5 New chief executive for combined authority will earn up to £200k a year
- 6 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 9 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 10 Jail for would-be bike thief caught on CCTV threatening woman