Sympathy for Jim Paice MP losing job as farming minister - his knowledge is unrivalled
I STOOD (as an independent) against Jim Paice MP in the 2010 general election.
One of my reasons for doing so was his strong support for the re-legalising of fox hunting, hare coursing and other so-called ‘sports’, which I oppose. I lost big time: he won again.
Today, I feel sorry for Mr Paice for his knowledge of farming affairs is very nearly unrivalled. His SE Cambridgeshire constituency supporters - many of whom are my friends - will also be sad.
Some may feel angry with the prime minister, too, for Mr Paice’s replacement is Liberal Democrat David Heath.
That will not go down well with the farming fraternity and may be regarded as yet another example of poor judgement on the part of Mr Cameron.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 3 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 5 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 6 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 9 Mum-of-two battling arthritis tackles year-long workout test
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease