Sympathy for Jim Paice MP losing job as farming minister - his knowledge is unrivalled
I STOOD (as an independent) against Jim Paice MP in the 2010 general election.
One of my reasons for doing so was his strong support for the re-legalising of fox hunting, hare coursing and other so-called ‘sports’, which I oppose. I lost big time: he won again.
Today, I feel sorry for Mr Paice for his knowledge of farming affairs is very nearly unrivalled. His SE Cambridgeshire constituency supporters - many of whom are my friends - will also be sad.
Some may feel angry with the prime minister, too, for Mr Paice’s replacement is Liberal Democrat David Heath.
That will not go down well with the farming fraternity and may be regarded as yet another example of poor judgement on the part of Mr Cameron.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 2 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 5 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 6 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘Fantastic’ week at musical theatre workshop
- 8 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 9 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 10 Police finally pull car from Fens river