Surely, Debbie You Are Miles Better Than This?
DEBBIE, I say two miles, what is that! At your age you should be doing at least 10 miles a day; you can jog at five miles an hour quite easily and you can t be more than 22 years old. At that age I was running 25 miles a day with full kit on, carrying a
DEBBIE, I say two miles, what is that! At your age you should be doing at least 10 miles a day; you can jog at five miles an hour quite easily and you can't be more than 22 years old.
At that age I was running 25 miles a day with full kit on, carrying a Bren Gun with ammo and a backpack full of clothing and food for five days and grenades, a personal revolver, a stiletto strapped to my leg, plus all toiletry stuff. My eldest daughter who is way over 50 years old she runs that before going to work. Yes Debbie in my day I was fit, I had to be being in the Parachute Regiment, and Debbie I have been on marches and the end of the march, blood has come out through the lace holes in my boots, yes great days.
Now then, you stick at it and let us all know when you can run 10 miles, but start off by marking out the route with electric posts or telephone posts so that you can run from one to the other. That's the advice from an old timer anyway. As for showering or bath, well does it matter so long as you get the sweat off, but we at times could not do that as you at the end of a march you had to dig in and then have a kip so there was no chance of a bath or shower. Now come on girly you can do it. I think I will leave you to it now I just thought I would give you a bit of stick. Keep up the good work.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
Eddie, I am suitably humbled. What is a bit of discomfort when we remember men like you who endured such harsh conditions so that people like me could live in freedom and safety. I promise to stop whinging and thanks for all the good advice, but honestly if I ever look down and there is blood leaking from by lace holes, I am hailing a taxi and going home to put my feet up.
As for being 22, hmmm, I have shoes in my wardrobe that are older that 22, but thanks for what I am sure is an honest mistake!