Surely, Debbie You Are Miles Better Than This?
DEBBIE, I say two miles, what is that! At your age you should be doing at least 10 miles a day; you can jog at five miles an hour quite easily and you can t be more than 22 years old. At that age I was running 25 miles a day with full kit on, carrying a
DEBBIE, I say two miles, what is that! At your age you should be doing at least 10 miles a day; you can jog at five miles an hour quite easily and you can't be more than 22 years old.
At that age I was running 25 miles a day with full kit on, carrying a Bren Gun with ammo and a backpack full of clothing and food for five days and grenades, a personal revolver, a stiletto strapped to my leg, plus all toiletry stuff. My eldest daughter who is way over 50 years old she runs that before going to work. Yes Debbie in my day I was fit, I had to be being in the Parachute Regiment, and Debbie I have been on marches and the end of the march, blood has come out through the lace holes in my boots, yes great days.
Now then, you stick at it and let us all know when you can run 10 miles, but start off by marking out the route with electric posts or telephone posts so that you can run from one to the other. That's the advice from an old timer anyway. As for showering or bath, well does it matter so long as you get the sweat off, but we at times could not do that as you at the end of a march you had to dig in and then have a kip so there was no chance of a bath or shower. Now come on girly you can do it. I think I will leave you to it now I just thought I would give you a bit of stick. Keep up the good work.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
Eddie, I am suitably humbled. What is a bit of discomfort when we remember men like you who endured such harsh conditions so that people like me could live in freedom and safety. I promise to stop whinging and thanks for all the good advice, but honestly if I ever look down and there is blood leaking from by lace holes, I am hailing a taxi and going home to put my feet up.
As for being 22, hmmm, I have shoes in my wardrobe that are older that 22, but thanks for what I am sure is an honest mistake!