Support saw family through bereavement
MY husband, Tony, died recently and I wondered if it would be possible to publish an open letter about my experiences and to appreciate those who have supported me. Tony became ill and did not recover from a fall in the early hours of the morning. I calle
MY husband, Tony, died recently and I wondered if it would be possible to publish an open letter about my experiences and to appreciate those who have supported me. Tony became ill and did not recover from a fall in the early hours of the morning. I called 999 and then our good friend Joanna Ayres. Within minutes, a paramedic team arrived, followed soon after by a police woman. They were very calm and helpful. The police woman had to ask many questions, which she did with great tact. The next day my sons came to the Ely Standard office where they were treated sympathetically. Beverley at the Ely Funeral Service guided my sons through the procedure following a death. Sadly, her mother had recently died suddenly, but everything went through smoothly and again with great sensitivity.
The Rev Chris Barber took the service at the Cambridge Crematorium with great dignity and Sir John Baird, who gave the eulogy, set exactly the right tone. Finally, we were very grateful to Shirley Jolly and The King's School who allowed us to use the Monastic Barn and provided refreshments to celebrate Tony's life.
I would like to thank everyone who has supported my sons and me in this time and for the many flowers, letters and cards that have been a great source of comfort to us.
I leave it at your discretion whether to use this; it may be of help to those who find themselves in a similar situation to know that, in my experience, the service in Ely is efficient, sensitive and caring and that I felt well supported which helped to see my through a difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical