Support Our Soldiers
I AM the area co-ordinator for Support Our Soldiers. The aim of the charity is to provide support for our serving men and women and also their families at home. We do this in every practical way possible, from sending out care packages to soldiers, sailor
I AM the area co-ordinator for Support Our Soldiers. The aim of the charity is to provide support for our serving men and women and also their families at home. We do this in every practical way possible, from sending out care packages to soldiers, sailors and airmen who are serving on the front lines in Afghanistan and Iraq and around the world. We also give support to the families of deployed troops and write to deployed personnel.
June 2 till 8 is the first Support Our Soldier Awareness Week. The aim of the awareness week is to bring to people's attention the work of Support Our Soldiers, and to encourage them to come onboard and show their support for the British Troops too.
On June 7, we are having a sponsored mile swim in Ely for Support Our Soldiers Awareness Week. If anyone would like to sponsor one of the people who have volunteered for this please contact me at the following address email@example.com or alternatively if anyone would like to donate items to be forwarded onto troops serving on the front lines in Iraq and Afghanistan then please come and see us at Ely swimming pool at 4pm on June 7 or contact me direct on the above email address.
(Support Our Soldiers)
Matthew Wren Close
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection