Support Our Soldiers
I AM the area co-ordinator for Support Our Soldiers. The aim of the charity is to provide support for our serving men and women and also their families at home. We do this in every practical way possible, from sending out care packages to soldiers, sailor
I AM the area co-ordinator for Support Our Soldiers. The aim of the charity is to provide support for our serving men and women and also their families at home. We do this in every practical way possible, from sending out care packages to soldiers, sailors and airmen who are serving on the front lines in Afghanistan and Iraq and around the world. We also give support to the families of deployed troops and write to deployed personnel.
June 2 till 8 is the first Support Our Soldier Awareness Week. The aim of the awareness week is to bring to people's attention the work of Support Our Soldiers, and to encourage them to come onboard and show their support for the British Troops too.
On June 7, we are having a sponsored mile swim in Ely for Support Our Soldiers Awareness Week. If anyone would like to sponsor one of the people who have volunteered for this please contact me at the following address email@example.com or alternatively if anyone would like to donate items to be forwarded onto troops serving on the front lines in Iraq and Afghanistan then please come and see us at Ely swimming pool at 4pm on June 7 or contact me direct on the above email address.
You may also want to watch:
(Support Our Soldiers)
Matthew Wren Close
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 10 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire