MAY I say a big thank you , not only to the editor of the Ely Standard for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, but to the readers as well. The response had been nothing less that fantastic. We
MAY I say a big "thank you", not only to the editor of the Ely Standard for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, but to the readers as well.
The response had been nothing less that fantastic.
We have had ex-RN Electricians coming out of the woodwork seeking their old shipmates and with some wonderful stories ranging from the involvement in the Korean War, Suez and the Gulf to name some conflicts, to the time the HMS Bermuda went to Bermuda and they all enjoyed a few days fun and jollity.
An unexpected line of help came from the readers who had relatives abroad who were ex Royal Navy Electricians.
You may also want to watch:
Consequently, we have a few members who live in the USA, Australia and in Spain as a result of the Ely Standard being sent to them with my letter highlighted.
The highlight of any association is the annual reunion and our first has now been booked for Bournemouth, so if there are any ex RN Electricians among the readers who wonder how their old shipmates are and what mischief they are up to these days, please drop me a line and tell me when you served and 'if' you can remember it, your service number! A couple of stamps will help association funds. Or drop me an email at email@example.com and stand by to 'swing that lamp'.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 9 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire
Once again, thank you for all your help in bringing the RN Electricians back together again and making the RN Electrical Branch association such a success so soon.
Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association
7 Heath Road
Isle of Wight