MAY I say a big thank you , not only to the editor of the Ely Standard for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, but to the readers as well. The response had been nothing less that fantastic. We
MAY I say a big "thank you", not only to the editor of the Ely Standard for printing my letter about the launch of the Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association last year, but to the readers as well.
The response had been nothing less that fantastic.
We have had ex-RN Electricians coming out of the woodwork seeking their old shipmates and with some wonderful stories ranging from the involvement in the Korean War, Suez and the Gulf to name some conflicts, to the time the HMS Bermuda went to Bermuda and they all enjoyed a few days fun and jollity.
An unexpected line of help came from the readers who had relatives abroad who were ex Royal Navy Electricians.
Consequently, we have a few members who live in the USA, Australia and in Spain as a result of the Ely Standard being sent to them with my letter highlighted.
The highlight of any association is the annual reunion and our first has now been booked for Bournemouth, so if there are any ex RN Electricians among the readers who wonder how their old shipmates are and what mischief they are up to these days, please drop me a line and tell me when you served and 'if' you can remember it, your service number! A couple of stamps will help association funds. Or drop me an email at email@example.com and stand by to 'swing that lamp'.
- 1 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 4 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 7 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 8 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 9 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 10 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
Once again, thank you for all your help in bringing the RN Electricians back together again and making the RN Electrical Branch association such a success so soon.
Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association
7 Heath Road
Isle of Wight