IT seems that there are a lot of people who don t know about the Soham Forum. It meets about every six weeks and decides what the people of Soham need, and also what they want. At the last meeting they heard about how to spend the money that the town was
IT seems that there are a lot of people who don't know about the Soham Forum. It meets about every six weeks and decides what the people of Soham need, and also what they want. At the last meeting they heard about how to spend the money that the town was due from the developers of the new town off the Shade.
Apparently what we want is a cycling scheme. When we, apparently, decided we wanted a cycling scheme we, apparently, hired Hannah Reed Associates to work out how to do it. (Has anyone in Soham been consulted by these consultants? Neither have I.) Never mind, the people who did attend the forum heard about "cycling infrastructure to the areas of most need."
Presumably that means that Fordham is a place in need as it has a cycle bridge (infrastructure) linking it with Soham.
They had a bit of a problem deciding where to put the cycle racks, either railing or Sheffield type (no, I've no idea what that means, either). Presumably the best place to put cycle stands is where people leave bikes, or have I missed something?
You may also want to watch:
If anyone would like to hear more about what the forum is deciding for us there is another gathering in the Pavilion at 7.30pm on Thursday April 6. There is sure to be plenty of room as there were only 16 people out of a possible 10,000 at the last meeting. Don't be shy, the forum isn't just for the great and the good. I think that Soham people are great, and most of us try to be good, so go along and air your opinion.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’