Stop The Wtichunt, It Was Just An Administrative Error
I AM disappointed to see that politics has again come before the needs of the city as a Liberal Democrat councilor attempts to exploit, what is, in fact, little more than an administrative error on the part of professional officers of the council, whose j
I AM disappointed to see that politics has again come before the needs of the city as a Liberal Democrat councilor attempts to exploit, what is, in fact, little more than an administrative error on the part of professional officers of the council, whose job it is to advise our elected lay councilors.
The witchhunt that has resulted could ruin a golden opportunity to take control of our future and put a stop to damaging piecemeal development once and for all.
Surely the council officers who attended all the meetings whether Working Parties or Steering Committees should have known that minutes were required and all declarations of interest recorded? Perhaps the strain of the Mereham enquiry allowed them to miss something nearer home?
In view of the moral high ground that Gaynor Griffiths (Letters, June 12) claims to defend, I was amused to discover that she was writing to you incognito. She is, I have discovered, non other than a Liberal Democrat county councilor. Perhaps there should have been another declaration of interest as your correspondent was far more than an "Ely resident".
You may also want to watch:
Please, please, may all who represent us pull together for the future of the district - we all have opinions and may disagree on parts of the Masterplan that might blight our view, but we do not want a hotchpotch of unrelated developments springing up without proper thought and control.
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits