Stop talking about bridges and build a bypass
So once again, Eddie Holden is on your letters page and has all the answers.. This time its about the Low Bridge outside Ely Train Station. Letters page June 5.
There is just one rather large error in his grand idea. How is a “14ft high swinging bar” going to stop vehicles hitting a bridge which is about 9ft high?
Surely it should be around 9ft, or just under the safest height of the lowest part of the bridge?
Of which, there are actually two bridges and one is slightly lower than the other.
Or an even better idea, stop talking about it, and build a by-pass.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire