Stop talking about bridges and build a bypass
So once again, Eddie Holden is on your letters page and has all the answers.. This time its about the Low Bridge outside Ely Train Station. Letters page June 5.
There is just one rather large error in his grand idea. How is a “14ft high swinging bar” going to stop vehicles hitting a bridge which is about 9ft high?
Surely it should be around 9ft, or just under the safest height of the lowest part of the bridge?
Of which, there are actually two bridges and one is slightly lower than the other.
Or an even better idea, stop talking about it, and build a by-pass.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?