Stop talking about bridges and build a bypass
So once again, Eddie Holden is on your letters page and has all the answers.. This time its about the Low Bridge outside Ely Train Station. Letters page June 5.
There is just one rather large error in his grand idea. How is a “14ft high swinging bar” going to stop vehicles hitting a bridge which is about 9ft high?
Surely it should be around 9ft, or just under the safest height of the lowest part of the bridge?
Of which, there are actually two bridges and one is slightly lower than the other.
Or an even better idea, stop talking about it, and build a by-pass.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam