Stop talking about bridges and build a bypass
So once again, Eddie Holden is on your letters page and has all the answers.. This time its about the Low Bridge outside Ely Train Station. Letters page June 5.
There is just one rather large error in his grand idea. How is a “14ft high swinging bar” going to stop vehicles hitting a bridge which is about 9ft high?
Surely it should be around 9ft, or just under the safest height of the lowest part of the bridge?
Of which, there are actually two bridges and one is slightly lower than the other.
Or an even better idea, stop talking about it, and build a by-pass.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 6 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
- 9 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list