Still no evidence
I MUST thank Jay Slavley for taking the trouble to respond to my previous letter published in Ely Standard edition of January 25. Unfortunately, he fails to provide the documented evidence of the healing of terminal illnesses, which I called for. Howeve
I MUST thank Jay Slavley for taking the trouble to respond to my previous letter published in Ely Standard edition of January 25.
Unfortunately, he fails to provide the documented evidence of the 'healing' of terminal illnesses, which I called for.
However, he does suggest that, without visiting the Ely Healing Rooms or meeting Jim Frost...it is a little unfair to criticise.
Other than serving to divert attention from his failure to provide substantive data, I fail to see the pertinence of this observation to the discussion.
I would also note that I was extremely careful in my earlier comments to restrict my criticism to the claims made by Mr Frost (which Mr Slavley has not denied) relating to the cessation of life-threatening diseases through the intervention of the supreme being in which he believes. Given that I utilised Mr Frost's own words in doing so, it seems somewhat strange to claim unfairness (of any degree) on my part.
Laying aside this diversion, I return to my original point that - without corroboration - any suggestion to terminally ill people, their friends and families at a time when they are at their most emotionally vulnerable that God can heal them is reprehensible even when those making such overtures are well-meaning and sincere.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months