Still no evidence
I MUST thank Jay Slavley for taking the trouble to respond to my previous letter published in Ely Standard edition of January 25. Unfortunately, he fails to provide the documented evidence of the healing of terminal illnesses, which I called for. Howeve
I MUST thank Jay Slavley for taking the trouble to respond to my previous letter published in Ely Standard edition of January 25.
Unfortunately, he fails to provide the documented evidence of the 'healing' of terminal illnesses, which I called for.
However, he does suggest that, without visiting the Ely Healing Rooms or meeting Jim Frost...it is a little unfair to criticise.
Other than serving to divert attention from his failure to provide substantive data, I fail to see the pertinence of this observation to the discussion.
You may also want to watch:
I would also note that I was extremely careful in my earlier comments to restrict my criticism to the claims made by Mr Frost (which Mr Slavley has not denied) relating to the cessation of life-threatening diseases through the intervention of the supreme being in which he believes. Given that I utilised Mr Frost's own words in doing so, it seems somewhat strange to claim unfairness (of any degree) on my part.
Laying aside this diversion, I return to my original point that - without corroboration - any suggestion to terminally ill people, their friends and families at a time when they are at their most emotionally vulnerable that God can heal them is reprehensible even when those making such overtures are well-meaning and sincere.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line