Station key to problems
MAY we add a comment to the ongoing debate about the car parking problems? The proposed extension to the Broad Street Car Park will not help to solve the shortage of spaces because in the medium to long-term there will be an increasing demand for commute
MAY we add a comment to the ongoing debate about the car parking problems?
The proposed extension to the Broad Street Car Park will not help to solve the shortage of spaces because in the medium to long-term there will be an increasing demand for commuters to park as near to the railway station as possible.
Has there been a study to establish what the impact of the new housing developments will have on the car parks?
The railway companies must be made to accept their responsibility for providing parking for their customers, both present and prospective.
Any additional parking provided on the south or east of town will be taken up by commuters. They park early and stay all day. The Broad Street car park should be designated short-stay in the same way as the Waitrose car park. If the railway station parking was dealt with, most of the problems for shoppers and visitors would be solved.
FRANK and MARGARET BOWLES
- 1 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 2 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 3 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 9 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic