Station key to problems
MAY we add a comment to the ongoing debate about the car parking problems? The proposed extension to the Broad Street Car Park will not help to solve the shortage of spaces because in the medium to long-term there will be an increasing demand for commute
MAY we add a comment to the ongoing debate about the car parking problems?
The proposed extension to the Broad Street Car Park will not help to solve the shortage of spaces because in the medium to long-term there will be an increasing demand for commuters to park as near to the railway station as possible.
Has there been a study to establish what the impact of the new housing developments will have on the car parks?
The railway companies must be made to accept their responsibility for providing parking for their customers, both present and prospective.
You may also want to watch:
Any additional parking provided on the south or east of town will be taken up by commuters. They park early and stay all day. The Broad Street car park should be designated short-stay in the same way as the Waitrose car park. If the railway station parking was dealt with, most of the problems for shoppers and visitors would be solved.
FRANK and MARGARET BOWLES
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 6 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke