Station key to problems
MAY we add a comment to the ongoing debate about the car parking problems? The proposed extension to the Broad Street Car Park will not help to solve the shortage of spaces because in the medium to long-term there will be an increasing demand for commute
MAY we add a comment to the ongoing debate about the car parking problems?
The proposed extension to the Broad Street Car Park will not help to solve the shortage of spaces because in the medium to long-term there will be an increasing demand for commuters to park as near to the railway station as possible.
Has there been a study to establish what the impact of the new housing developments will have on the car parks?
The railway companies must be made to accept their responsibility for providing parking for their customers, both present and prospective.
You may also want to watch:
Any additional parking provided on the south or east of town will be taken up by commuters. They park early and stay all day. The Broad Street car park should be designated short-stay in the same way as the Waitrose car park. If the railway station parking was dealt with, most of the problems for shoppers and visitors would be solved.
FRANK and MARGARET BOWLES
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs