Standard words of assurance are not enough – we need Ely southern bypass now
Lucy Frazer MP seems to be easily fobbed off by the transport department’s assurance that Ely southern bypass will not be delayed.
She received the same “assurances” from the minister as I did from him in an e-mail, but the fact is that the project has been “retained” by the government due to it’s “larger” size instead of being devolved locally.
Mrs Frazer seems to forget that this bypass MUST be built regardless of cost because it is needed NOW and not in a few years time.
I hope our MP will make real efforts to bring this about instead of receiving standard words of assurance from a minister – the people of Ely are not stupid you know.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years