Standard words of assurance are not enough – we need Ely southern bypass now
Lucy Frazer MP seems to be easily fobbed off by the transport department’s assurance that Ely southern bypass will not be delayed.
She received the same “assurances” from the minister as I did from him in an e-mail, but the fact is that the project has been “retained” by the government due to it’s “larger” size instead of being devolved locally.
Mrs Frazer seems to forget that this bypass MUST be built regardless of cost because it is needed NOW and not in a few years time.
I hope our MP will make real efforts to bring this about instead of receiving standard words of assurance from a minister – the people of Ely are not stupid you know.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years