Standard words of assurance are not enough – we need Ely southern bypass now
Lucy Frazer MP seems to be easily fobbed off by the transport department’s assurance that Ely southern bypass will not be delayed.
She received the same “assurances” from the minister as I did from him in an e-mail, but the fact is that the project has been “retained” by the government due to it’s “larger” size instead of being devolved locally.
Mrs Frazer seems to forget that this bypass MUST be built regardless of cost because it is needed NOW and not in a few years time.
I hope our MP will make real efforts to bring this about instead of receiving standard words of assurance from a minister – the people of Ely are not stupid you know.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals