Standard words of assurance are not enough – we need Ely southern bypass now
Lucy Frazer MP seems to be easily fobbed off by the transport department’s assurance that Ely southern bypass will not be delayed.
She received the same “assurances” from the minister as I did from him in an e-mail, but the fact is that the project has been “retained” by the government due to it’s “larger” size instead of being devolved locally.
Mrs Frazer seems to forget that this bypass MUST be built regardless of cost because it is needed NOW and not in a few years time.
I hope our MP will make real efforts to bring this about instead of receiving standard words of assurance from a minister – the people of Ely are not stupid you know.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 9 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'