THE 2nd Soham Scouts have been busy, as usual. They recently won the Newmarket and District 5-a-side tournament. They are also busy raising money for their trip on the Thames Sailing Barge and, last weekend, a group of them paddled from Upware to Isleham
THE 2nd Soham Scouts have been busy, as usual. They recently won the Newmarket and District 5-a-side tournament.
They are also busy raising money for their trip on the Thames Sailing Barge and, last weekend, a group of them paddled from Upware to Isleham in canoes.
Bearing in mind that a Scout is aged between 10 and 14 and that they covered the 12 miles from Upware to Littleport in six and a half hours (including a fish and chip break in Ely) you have to admit that they did pretty well.
They might creep up on you soon as they are raising money to buy some new canoes. Health and safety decrees that the fibreglass ones they have at the moment must be replaced by plastic ones.
You may also want to watch:
If they are going to make really good use of them as they did last weekend then it seems like a worthwhile place for anybody's cash.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 10 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house