Sports action proves a winning combination at Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Wall climbing, kwik cricket, running with weights and darts proved a winning combination for two days of sports fun in Littleport.
Staged at the Littleport Leisure Centre the Olympics event attracted over 27 children aged six to 12 over both Wednesday and Thursday.
The youngsters competed against each other with younger entrants given head starts in events like the weight run.
Children were also able to try out their core strength with gym pull ups.
At the end of the two days 12-year-old Sam Slee took the overall boys title, with seven-year-old Lucy Teli winning the girls competition.
For those who missed out on last week’s fun there is still time to get in on the sporting action at the centre this holiday with dodge ball and fun skating still to come. Contact 01353 860600 for more.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour
- 10 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm