Sports action proves a winning combination at Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Wall climbing, kwik cricket, running with weights and darts proved a winning combination for two days of sports fun in Littleport.
Staged at the Littleport Leisure Centre the Olympics event attracted over 27 children aged six to 12 over both Wednesday and Thursday.
The youngsters competed against each other with younger entrants given head starts in events like the weight run.
Children were also able to try out their core strength with gym pull ups.
At the end of the two days 12-year-old Sam Slee took the overall boys title, with seven-year-old Lucy Teli winning the girls competition.
You may also want to watch:
For those who missed out on last week’s fun there is still time to get in on the sporting action at the centre this holiday with dodge ball and fun skating still to come. Contact 01353 860600 for more.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 7 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust