Sponsor: Witchford Schools Sports Partnership
Sponsors of the Service to Sport Award - Click here for more information on Witchford School Sports Partnership
The Witchford School Sports Partnership has been in existence since September 2004 and is now in its eighth year. The partnership is based at Witchford Village College and consists of 63 primary, secondary and special schools across east Cambridgeshire and Fenland. Our main role is to engage children and young people in high quality Physical Education and sporting activities through a variety of means in school and in the community which ultimately supports achievement and attainment across the curriculum. Our key work strands include:
Encouraging schools to have a minimum of 2 hours of curriculum PE for every pupil and young person each week.
Offering a training programme for school staff to access in order increase their knowledge when delivering PE, school clubs and lunchtime activities.
Developing an Out of School Hours Learning Programme in schools to increase the number of young people taking part in after school clubs in a variety of activities and sports.
Developing an all year round Intra School Competition programme (competition within school). This is Level 1 of the new School Games structure which schools sign up to be part of.
Developing an all year round Inter School Competition programme (school v school). This is Level 2 of the new School Games structure.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
Training young people to become effective leaders. Students are given the opportunity to access accredited and non accredited courses in order to develop their leadership skills and are given opportunities to practise these new skills either in a school situation or in the community.
Delivery of Bikeability, a safer cycling scheme, for students in year 5, 6 and 7.
Opportunities for Gifted and Talented students to take part in new activities and sports against children of similar ability to them.
Opportunities for Special Educational Needs (SEN) Children to take part in activities and clubs with children of similar ability.
School coaching programme – high quality coaches support teachers in the development and delivery of PE during curriculum time in a variety of sports.
Holiday provision – during each school holiday a number of days are organised for young people to take part in a variety of sporting activities and events.