Sold-out gig at Babylon Gallery was excellent. Cambs has some very talented musicians
- Credit: Archant
I WAS fortunate enough to purchase a ticket for an intimate sold-out gig at the Babylon Gallery on Friday.
The Babylon gallery is a very small and intimate venue that lacks ventilation and the breaks between performances saw an exodus to the riverside due to the smouldering heat. The event was hosted by BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s Sue Marchant.
The event started with Cambridge artist Zak Thomas, who showed his stage presence with great crowd interaction.
The highlight of his set was when he unplugged his amp and turned off his microphone, adding to the intimacy of the event with impromptu “unplugged” numbers.
Schoolgirl GraceSarah’s lyrics were dark, sharp and meaningful and I heard many people shocked at how talented this teenager is. Her beautiful sultry voice belied her age and, combined with her keyboard skills, had the audience captivated.
You may also want to watch:
I was bit concerned about how the main event, Just William and the Outlaws, would follow that but I shouldn’t have been concerned.
Just William, local lad Will Law, was launching his first single It’s a Long, Long Way to Tennessee but started his set with some of his other self-penned songs.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 10 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
I left Babylon gallery glad to be in the fresh air but thoroughly entertained and relieved that Cambridgeshire has some really talented locals that are on par with the best that other regions have to offer.