Soham Town Forum, which provides a platform to speak on issues that matter to you, looking for mew members
I wonder how many of your readers are aware of the existence of the Soham Town Forum?
Established in 1998 as a non-political organisation, the Forum provides a voice for those in Soham who wish to raise areas of concern related to the town by bring them to the attention of representatives from the local council who attend the our meetings.
The forum organises events such as the Litter Pick, collecting a large amount of litter resulting in an approved appearance of the town.
Also, it organised recent hustings held in St Andrews church which generated a great deal of local support and gave residents an opportunity to quiz the area’s prospective parliamentary candidates.
The Forum’s web site www.sohamtf.co.uk and is a great way of making contact with those who can do something about people’s concerns.
You may also want to watch:
The Forum meets three times a year and is looking for new members. If any of your readers are interested in joining us they can contact us via email@example.com
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 6 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity