Soham Mum Who Braved Stormy Times To Set Up Business Gives Her Support To Shop Local
A SOHAM mum who decided to brave the stormy economic waters and launch her own business is going from strength-to-strength. Claire Hedgecock, 32, of Mereside, is a home-based nail technician who is a passionate supporter of local charities and schools and
A SOHAM mum who decided to brave the stormy economic waters and launch her own business is going from strength-to-strength.
Claire Hedgecock, 32, of Mereside, is a home-based nail technician who is a passionate supporter of local charities and schools and is now backing the Ely Standard's Shop Local campaign.
She said: "Shopping locally and supporting local businesses, charities and schools is so important to me. You should put your community first whenever you can. I recently helped the Ely Inner Wheel Club's Summer Ball and will always help others out in any way that I can."
As well as running Diva Nailz from home, Claire works one day a week in the Littleport holistic therapy salon Imagine and since launching in January, her work has more than quadrupled.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I am so happy. I started out in the middle of a recession but I am very busy and I don't think it has affected me. The recent sunshine has had an effect though! It brought out a lot more people who wanted pedicures and spray tans, getting ready for the summer."
Claire met Imagine owner Terrie Gormley when she went in for a beauty treatment.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
Claire said: "I had just started out and had gone to Littleport to see a friend. I went in to Imagine to have my eyebrows waxed and Terrie and I just started talking and she offered me space in her salon. I don't always go to Littleport so it must have been fate."
Terrie, 33, agrees and said: "Sometimes you just hit it off with someone and this was one of those times. We got chatting and that was it. We really help each other out and Claire has been fantastic."
She continued: "I think the Ely Standard's campaign is brilliant. Since starting my own business I have really come to understand how important it is to support the people and businesses around you. I feel so much more connected to people. I love getting out there and talking to people and helping them out.
"People are always rushing around and don't always know what it available on their doorstep. A campaign like Shop Local will mean more people becoming aware of what is available here."
INFO: Imagine offers a variety of beauty treatments, as well as a wide range of alternative therapies, including iridology and reflexology. For more information call 01353 862574. For bookings and information about Diva Nailz, call 01353 721236