Soham carnival - where were the by election candidates?
There are six candidates for the Soham South District Council by-election on June 19.
Two of them are from away, though they ‘represent’ political parties that have some local support.
The remaining four, including myself, an Independent, live in Soham.
We had the Soham Carnival and it was a glorious occasion with huge crowds in attendance.
I was at the carnival for much of the day and I saw just one other of the candidates.
You may also want to watch:
I am amazed that the others couldn’t or wouldn’t attend this major Soham event.
I ask myself do the others care?
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
Sunnymead, St Andrew’s Park, Soham
Independent Candidate for the Soham South by-election