Social Homes Plan By Barratt Are Hard To Believe
I FIND the proposals by Barratt and the planning department hard to believe. My son and his partner invested their life savings to buy the house of their dreams a year ago. The year has seen a catastrophic collapse of all the major western economy s cau
I FIND the proposals by Barratt and the planning department hard to believe. My son and his partner invested their life savings to buy the house of their dreams a year ago.
The year has seen a catastrophic collapse of all the major western economy's caused by the outright greed of the banking institutions. Are we to now compound the errors of these greedy few by now allowing the biggest investment of not only my son and his partner but numerous other young couples's lives be undermined by allowing Barratts and the planning committees to devalue their properties.
Social housing will have such a stigma attached to it and the value of the property in closest proximity to it will drop. Are Barratt and the planners prepared to pay compensation?
My letter is not a rant but based on the evidence of how this housing is allocated.
You may also want to watch:
I am not politically motivated and have no party allegiance; however, I do believe that those who strive to work hard to improve their lot should not be undermined by big business and the bureaucrats.
Please believe me when I say that I totally agree with providing welfare to those in need, however, to reward the habitually unemployable, single parents etc with shiny new houses that they proceed to destroy is beyond my comprehension.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 6 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity
Please someone apply some common sense to dealing with our social issues not just using the current economic climate as a convenient excuse.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED