Sluice is funded by Arts Council grant
IN response to the letters of July 13, which questioned why public funds were being used to support a sculpture project at the same time as public conveniences are being closed, I would like to clarify that the Arts Council is the major funder of the Slui
IN response to the letters of July 13, which questioned why public funds were being used to support a sculpture project at the same time as public conveniences are being closed, I would like to clarify that the Arts Council is the major funder of the Sluice project.
The Arts Council runs the Grant for the Arts Scheme, to which organisations and individuals can apply for funding for arts projects, and East Cambridgeshire District council was successful in bidding for a grant for this project.
The grant awarded to East Cambridgeshire District council is specifically for the Sluice project, and cannot be used for any other purpose.
If readers would like to know more about the Arts Council and the Grants for the Arts Scheme, there is a comprehensive website at: www.artscouncil.org.uk
Arts development manager
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 7 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 8 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 9 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers