Sluice is funded by Arts Council grant
IN response to the letters of July 13, which questioned why public funds were being used to support a sculpture project at the same time as public conveniences are being closed, I would like to clarify that the Arts Council is the major funder of the Slui
IN response to the letters of July 13, which questioned why public funds were being used to support a sculpture project at the same time as public conveniences are being closed, I would like to clarify that the Arts Council is the major funder of the Sluice project.
The Arts Council runs the Grant for the Arts Scheme, to which organisations and individuals can apply for funding for arts projects, and East Cambridgeshire District council was successful in bidding for a grant for this project.
The grant awarded to East Cambridgeshire District council is specifically for the Sluice project, and cannot be used for any other purpose.
If readers would like to know more about the Arts Council and the Grants for the Arts Scheme, there is a comprehensive website at: www.artscouncil.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
Arts development manager
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 10 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house