Slant on reality of McCarthy & Stone’s December 2012 Community Update is similar to that of Alistair Campbell
LIKE many residents of Cambridge Road, I received a “December 2012 Community Update” from McCarthy & Stone’s spin doctors (The Remarkable Group) whose slant on reality is right up there with the likes of Alistair Campbell.
Of course people have differing views on developments but it is essential to be aware of the facts before forming a view.
I do recommend any interested person to study the planning application before making their mind up.
It is also clear that the residents do not object to the Croylands building being used for “later living” or sheltered housing. They however do object very strongly to this “massive” overdevelopment of an historic building into a block of 21 flats.
McCarthy & Stone claims that there has been “a broad level of supportive feedback following their exhibition”. As of November 19 three letters of support had been sent to East Cambs District Council planners as opposed to 157 letters of objection!
You may also want to watch:
CLLR BILL HUNT
On behalf of residents of Cambridge Road and Houghton Gardens
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road