Slant on reality of McCarthy & Stone’s December 2012 Community Update is similar to that of Alistair Campbell
LIKE many residents of Cambridge Road, I received a “December 2012 Community Update” from McCarthy & Stone’s spin doctors (The Remarkable Group) whose slant on reality is right up there with the likes of Alistair Campbell.
Of course people have differing views on developments but it is essential to be aware of the facts before forming a view.
I do recommend any interested person to study the planning application before making their mind up.
It is also clear that the residents do not object to the Croylands building being used for “later living” or sheltered housing. They however do object very strongly to this “massive” overdevelopment of an historic building into a block of 21 flats.
McCarthy & Stone claims that there has been “a broad level of supportive feedback following their exhibition”. As of November 19 three letters of support had been sent to East Cambs District Council planners as opposed to 157 letters of objection!
You may also want to watch:
CLLR BILL HUNT
On behalf of residents of Cambridge Road and Houghton Gardens
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen