Sign up to Ouse Washes Experience in support of Rotary charities
The Ouse Washes Experience is now only a few weeks away, on September 20.
This event offers everyone the opportunity to raise sponsorship for their favourite charity, as well as having a great day in the amazing Ouse Washes either doing a walk, run or cycle ride.
Cyclists who wish to take part and pre-register are automatically entered into a competition based on them having to make observations en route.
The winner who gets the most questions correct wins a meal for four with wine on the Captains Table, on the river in Ely. Second prize is a Sunday carvery for two at the Golden Lion in Stonea.
Whilst we recommend people do register before the event, it’s possible to take pot luck and simply turn up on the day.
There are a limited number of places for reasons of safety, so we advise anyone who is interested in doing something different should register at www.walk-run-cycle.org.uk
If you do decide just to turn up,on the day, we would be pleased to see you. Entry is free, but we would welcome a donation for our Rotary charities.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
Any 10km runners and walkers need to check in from 9.30-10.30am and cyclists from 10-10.30am at Welney Wetland Centre.
For further information, contact me on 01353 749057 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there.
Ouse Washes Experience organiser
Ely Hereward Rotary Club