Sign up to Ouse Washes Experience in support of Rotary charities
The Ouse Washes Experience is now only a few weeks away, on September 20.
This event offers everyone the opportunity to raise sponsorship for their favourite charity, as well as having a great day in the amazing Ouse Washes either doing a walk, run or cycle ride.
Cyclists who wish to take part and pre-register are automatically entered into a competition based on them having to make observations en route.
The winner who gets the most questions correct wins a meal for four with wine on the Captains Table, on the river in Ely. Second prize is a Sunday carvery for two at the Golden Lion in Stonea.
Whilst we recommend people do register before the event, it’s possible to take pot luck and simply turn up on the day.
You may also want to watch:
There are a limited number of places for reasons of safety, so we advise anyone who is interested in doing something different should register at www.walk-run-cycle.org.uk
If you do decide just to turn up,on the day, we would be pleased to see you. Entry is free, but we would welcome a donation for our Rotary charities.
- 1 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 2 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 3 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 4 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 7 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 8 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 9 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle
- 10 Perfect end for captain Malvin after regional final glory
Any 10km runners and walkers need to check in from 9.30-10.30am and cyclists from 10-10.30am at Welney Wetland Centre.
For further information, contact me on 01353 749057 or e-mail email@example.com
We hope to see you there.
Ouse Washes Experience organiser
Ely Hereward Rotary Club