Shame That Ely Has Lost Green Space To A Businessman
IT is such as shame to discover that Ely has lost an open green space (the area known as the common ) to businessman Jeremy Tyrell. I can only hope that the Local Campaigners for the Protection of Rural Ely group can continue its outstanding, tireless an
IT is such as shame to discover that Ely has lost an open green space (the area known as 'the common') to businessman Jeremy Tyrell.
I can only hope that the Local Campaigners for the Protection of Rural Ely group can continue its outstanding, tireless and passionate work and appeal against the decision that refused the 'village green' status it needed to protect the area from development.
I am trying to do my bit by writing letters to the local press, hoping to keep the subject of Roswell Pits in the public eye, I've only invited criticism from two people, so that's encouraging!
On another matter, the Ely Country Park plan is wrong. It would make more sense to put it on the scrub land behind the Angel Drove industrial estate. There you already have the railway station, bus route, car park, bowling alley and Planet Zoom (some where to go if it's raining) and a supermarket to buy picnics from.
You may also want to watch:
This way, Ely would have a �5 million-pound country park which would be landscaped and a natural SSSI protected nature reserve separated by parks and riverside pubs.
R J MALSTER
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road