Shame That Ely Has Lost Green Space To A Businessman
IT is such as shame to discover that Ely has lost an open green space (the area known as the common ) to businessman Jeremy Tyrell. I can only hope that the Local Campaigners for the Protection of Rural Ely group can continue its outstanding, tireless an
IT is such as shame to discover that Ely has lost an open green space (the area known as 'the common') to businessman Jeremy Tyrell.
I can only hope that the Local Campaigners for the Protection of Rural Ely group can continue its outstanding, tireless and passionate work and appeal against the decision that refused the 'village green' status it needed to protect the area from development.
I am trying to do my bit by writing letters to the local press, hoping to keep the subject of Roswell Pits in the public eye, I've only invited criticism from two people, so that's encouraging!
On another matter, the Ely Country Park plan is wrong. It would make more sense to put it on the scrub land behind the Angel Drove industrial estate. There you already have the railway station, bus route, car park, bowling alley and Planet Zoom (some where to go if it's raining) and a supermarket to buy picnics from.
You may also want to watch:
This way, Ely would have a �5 million-pound country park which would be landscaped and a natural SSSI protected nature reserve separated by parks and riverside pubs.
R J MALSTER
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club