Second supermarket badly needed
MY husband and I would very much like the Lidl store to come to Ely. It is a fantastic supermarket with good quality produce at reasonable cost. The town needs another large supermarket to rival Tesco, especially in the light of all the new housing being
MY husband and I would very much like the Lidl store to come to Ely.
It is a fantastic supermarket with good quality produce at reasonable cost. The town needs another large supermarket to rival Tesco, especially in the light of all the new housing being built. We definitely feel the rejection is a large injustice.
To say the proposed site is not appropriate is just ridiculous. If it is appropriate for Tesco, then it must also be appropriate for Lidl. We feel it's Tesco not wanting the competition just opposite their store. I am sure there would be sufficient car parking spaces for customers, and to say extra traffic would be a nightmare is absurd. Surely a lot of people would use their cars to shop at Lidl instead of Tesco, so there really wouldn't be an increase in traffic, it would be the same but divided between the two stores.
All the best to Lidl. We can't wait for their arrival - we know it will be a tremendous success.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 4 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend