Second supermarket badly needed
MY husband and I would very much like the Lidl store to come to Ely. It is a fantastic supermarket with good quality produce at reasonable cost. The town needs another large supermarket to rival Tesco, especially in the light of all the new housing being
MY husband and I would very much like the Lidl store to come to Ely.
It is a fantastic supermarket with good quality produce at reasonable cost. The town needs another large supermarket to rival Tesco, especially in the light of all the new housing being built. We definitely feel the rejection is a large injustice.
To say the proposed site is not appropriate is just ridiculous. If it is appropriate for Tesco, then it must also be appropriate for Lidl. We feel it's Tesco not wanting the competition just opposite their store. I am sure there would be sufficient car parking spaces for customers, and to say extra traffic would be a nightmare is absurd. Surely a lot of people would use their cars to shop at Lidl instead of Tesco, so there really wouldn't be an increase in traffic, it would be the same but divided between the two stores.
All the best to Lidl. We can't wait for their arrival - we know it will be a tremendous success.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT