Screen us from these invaders
THE latest must-have entertainment centrepiece for the home should come with a regional warning. The old tube still has one big advantage — it is sealed from the outside elements. Unfortunately the new technology LCD screens are more open to invaders fro
THE latest must-have entertainment centrepiece for the home should come with a regional warning. The old tube still has one big advantage - it is sealed from the outside elements.
Unfortunately the new technology LCD screens are more open to invaders from the Fens. The latest screens have multiple layer anti glare and filter elements which are not sealed and prone to invasion by the dreaded cornfly bugs which are so prevalent during the hot summer months in our area.
We are so used to these wee beasties getting into our picture frames, fridges and even squeezing into the pages of books . While these blighters have up until now just been an annual annoyance, the arrival of the LCD screen has raised the bar to a new level.
I am lucky, in that my LCD purchase was of modest kitchen size and my engineering background came in good stead to be able to dismantle and blow these alien invaders out to the ether.
However this was no mean feat for just a 15-inch specimen.
So East Anglians beware, it's likely to be pretty expensive to get these dead little black beggars out of your pride and joy 40" television monster. I will stick to my good old tube in the corner until this one is solved.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection