Screen us from these invaders
THE latest must-have entertainment centrepiece for the home should come with a regional warning. The old tube still has one big advantage — it is sealed from the outside elements. Unfortunately the new technology LCD screens are more open to invaders fro
THE latest must-have entertainment centrepiece for the home should come with a regional warning. The old tube still has one big advantage - it is sealed from the outside elements.
Unfortunately the new technology LCD screens are more open to invaders from the Fens. The latest screens have multiple layer anti glare and filter elements which are not sealed and prone to invasion by the dreaded cornfly bugs which are so prevalent during the hot summer months in our area.
We are so used to these wee beasties getting into our picture frames, fridges and even squeezing into the pages of books . While these blighters have up until now just been an annual annoyance, the arrival of the LCD screen has raised the bar to a new level.
I am lucky, in that my LCD purchase was of modest kitchen size and my engineering background came in good stead to be able to dismantle and blow these alien invaders out to the ether.
However this was no mean feat for just a 15-inch specimen.
So East Anglians beware, it's likely to be pretty expensive to get these dead little black beggars out of your pride and joy 40" television monster. I will stick to my good old tube in the corner until this one is solved.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength