Screen us from these invaders
THE latest must-have entertainment centrepiece for the home should come with a regional warning. The old tube still has one big advantage — it is sealed from the outside elements. Unfortunately the new technology LCD screens are more open to invaders fro
THE latest must-have entertainment centrepiece for the home should come with a regional warning. The old tube still has one big advantage - it is sealed from the outside elements.
Unfortunately the new technology LCD screens are more open to invaders from the Fens. The latest screens have multiple layer anti glare and filter elements which are not sealed and prone to invasion by the dreaded cornfly bugs which are so prevalent during the hot summer months in our area.
We are so used to these wee beasties getting into our picture frames, fridges and even squeezing into the pages of books . While these blighters have up until now just been an annual annoyance, the arrival of the LCD screen has raised the bar to a new level.
I am lucky, in that my LCD purchase was of modest kitchen size and my engineering background came in good stead to be able to dismantle and blow these alien invaders out to the ether.
You may also want to watch:
However this was no mean feat for just a 15-inch specimen.
So East Anglians beware, it's likely to be pretty expensive to get these dead little black beggars out of your pride and joy 40" television monster. I will stick to my good old tube in the corner until this one is solved.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose