Scout association reunites the 1957 World Jamboree members
I FEEL sure that many of your older readers will at one time or another have belonged to the Scout Association, either as Cubs, Scouts, Senior Scout, Rovers or as Scout leaders. In 2007, as part of the Centenary of Scouting, we plan to hold a reunion of a
I FEEL sure that many of your older readers will at one time or another have belonged to the Scout Association, either as Cubs, Scouts, Senior Scout, Rovers or as Scout leaders.
In 2007, as part of the Centenary of Scouting, we plan to hold a reunion of all those people who attended the last World Jamboree hosted by the United Kingdom, which was held in Sutton Coldfield in 1957. We know that 31,000 people took part in the event and that there were many scout visitors. It is relatively easy to contact those people who are still connected with scouting, but not so easy to contact the others, so would be pleased if you could publish this letter.
We plan a rolling three-day tour of 200 people at a time, during the Hylands Park World Jamboree, and based in Cambridge, that will visit Gilwell Park, the spiritual home of Scouting, the 2007 World Jamboree at Hylands Park, in Essex and Sutton Coldfield the original site of the 1957 World Jamboree.
If any of your readers attended the Jamboree at Sutton Coldfield and would like to attend the reunion more details can be obtained from me:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home