Say no to the urban ghetto’ of Mereham
It is easy to understand the sentiment behind Mr. Northrop s letter. (Let s all ensure a better future – Letters – September 27). Providing for future generations is at the top of most peoples agendas. Multiplex Stannifer is an Australian commercial d
It is easy to understand the sentiment behind Mr. Northrop's letter. (Let's all ensure a better future - Letters - September 27).
Providing for future generations is at the top of most peoples' agendas.
Multiplex Stannifer is an Australian commercial development company. I would ask Mr. Northrop to consider what is at the top of its agenda.
Housing needs are part of regional and local plans. They include village housing, housing in market towns and even new towns, for example Northstowe.
You may also want to watch:
Mereham fits nowhere in these plans. The reason it is going to an inquiry is that it has been rejected at every level. It is a recipe for regional disaster. It will rip the heart out of the existing communities our children are growing up in. It will bring chaos to our roads, our trains, our stations. It will destroy the habitat, character and productivity of our farmland.
Multiplex is using the words Mereham Community to market this nightmare. When you see those words, consider the communities we have, consider that, after years of destruction and misery, your grandchildren might not thank you for expecting them to live in the urban ghetto that is the reality of Mereham.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
- 10 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
Say NO to Mereham and ensure a better future.