Save our money
UNDOUBTEDLY the Liberal Democrat hard men are rattled by recent correspondence exposing the inaccuracy of their Save the Cathedral Meadows campaign. We are all agreed, I believe, there is not, nor ever was, any threat to the meadows by the doomed Broa
UNDOUBTEDLY the Liberal Democrat 'hard' men are rattled by recent correspondence exposing the 'inaccuracy' of their Save the Cathedral Meadows campaign.
We are all agreed, I believe, there is not, nor ever was, any threat to the meadows by the doomed Broad St car park extension. So much so, that in letters (June 29) they laid down their trump card - the one well-respected and clearly very nice man that they've got on their side, Cllr Jeremy Friend Smith.
That they have persuaded him to put his name to spending thousands of tax-payers money improving Cresswells car park, is really quite frightening.
Surely he must be aware that the lease on Cresswells is coming to an end? Surely he must also know that this area is being considered by the council for housing or retail development, thus making Cresswells car park a potentially very valuable plot of land?
You may also want to watch:
How, therefore, can he possibly consider spending buckets full of tax payers money sorting out flooding problems on behalf of these soon to be very wealthy, and no doubt, very grateful land owners? Our money well and truly down the drain, in fact!
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 4 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs